About Creative Minds Tualatin
Creative Minds Learning Centers, Tualatin is the newest of our 7 preschool centers and we first opened our doors for business in August 2015. We neighbor the Tualatin wetlands, which provides us a unique opportunity to view nature and various wetland animals from our school. Throughout the day, our preschool students get to see life science in action as they spot nutria, herons, ducks, and more!
We’ve also brought nature inside the school with facade walls made of bamboo and birch trees, and real tree accents throughout the hallways and classrooms. We have beautiful murals throughout our daycare center which were painted by artist Stephen Williams. These murals contribute to the individual personality of each classroom in our child care facility.
Our Preschool’s Programs:
- Infant Daycare (ages 3 months to 1 year)
- Junior Toddler (ages 1 to 2)
- Toddler (ages 2 to 3)
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4)
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5)
- Private Kindergarten (ages 5 to 6)
- Creative Outlets 4 Kids (ages 2 to 6)
Our preschool features two outdoor play areas. One is set up as a Western town with rustic buildings that encourage dramatic play. We also have an balance beam obstacle course that our preschool students love. If you’re nursing, we have a calm community room where you can relax and connect with your child. Our preschool also has a commercial kitchen that prepares healthy vegetarian meals and snacks using the freshest ingredients, including organic dairy, whole grains, and lots of fruits and vegetables!
Why Creative Minds?
- Educated and Experienced Teachers: Our Lead Teachers hold their Bachelors and Masters in Early Childhood Education and/or have over two years of experience in their specialized age group. CMLC Teachers exceed state standards for continued education and are Love and Logic Certified. Our teachers create a safe, nurturing and educational childcare environment and help our children grow through educational and social experiences.
- Small Class Sizes and Ratios: Our class sizes and groups are small with extra floating teachers and staff onsite to provide support our classrooms. Private Kindergarten programs with class sizes of only 10 children.
- Accredited Curriculums: HighReach, Starfall, Every Day Counts Math Program and CMLC’s Reggio-Inspired Art Curriculum.
- Healthy Local Menu: We utilize organic products, hormone-free dairy, whole wheat starches, and local, seasonal produce.
- We’re Eco-Friendly: We follow eco-friendly practices to create a healthy and clean preschool environment for our children, teachers, and families.
- Enrichment Programs: We offer music and dance, cooking classes, language lessons, art, and enrichment classes such as yoga, dance, and music.
- Field Trips and Special Guests: Zoo Trips, Pumpkin Patch, Mr. Lizard Mobile Zoo, Walking Trips, Humane Society, visits to our local libraries and more!